The Associated Students Child Development Center is primarily for the students of San José State University. Faculty and staff children will be admitted on a space available basis after student needs have been met. The program serves children, six months through six years. Children are admitted from the waiting list on a first come, first served basis for full fee parents. Low income families are admitted with lowest income first priority. Waiting list applications are available in the office and online by clicking on the link below. Click here to download the Waiting List Application
• Approximately one half of the spaces are subsidized by the California Department of Education for low income student families. These families pay fees determined by the CDE based on monthly income and family size.
• Student parents who are not subsidized by the CDE still pay less than the full cost of care due to the Associated Student support of the child care program.
• Faculty and staff pay market rates for the area.
• Part time or full time care is available.
• For fee information, contact the center office at (408) 924-6988.
Student assistants are employed as teacher aides. Priority is given to students who have some units in child development or early childhood education or child psychology.