Associated Students of San Jose State University has been a student-owned and operated non-profit organization for over 100 years. We are committed to providing services and activities that enhance the opportunity to meet, recreate and maximize student life. Opportunities to get involved and obtain leadership skills are among our highest priorities.
The Associated Students (A.S.) Board of Directors represent the student body as their governing council and is made up of 16 members. They are the voice of SJSU students and advocate on their behalf on campus, statewide and national issues affecting them.
The Students' Election Commission (SEC) plans and executes A.S. Elections. Click here to learn more about the SEC.
VOTER INFORMATION GUIDE (VIG)
Click here to view the VIG.
Click here to download
2018 Candidate Information packet
2018 Elections Regulation Manual ERM
2018 A.S. ByLaws
Endorsement Form: How to
Expense Report Form
Students' Election Commission: email@example.com, 408.924.6242 or visit the A.S. House.
Advisor: Diana Ogbevire, Leadership and Government Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408.924.6045 or visit the Student Government Office, Diaz Compean Student Union, 2nd Floor, Suite 2300.
ELECTIONS 2018 TIMELINE
Applications available: February 1
Applications due: March 1, 5:00pm, A.S. House
Official photo: Please plan to have your professional headshot taken at end of the session you attend. If you need to reschedule your photo shoot, please set up an appointment by emailing email@example.com, A.S. Multimedia Associate.
APPLICATIONS DUE: Thursday, March 1, no later than 5pm at A.S. House front desk
Friday, March 9: Candidate Eligibility Notification Deadline
Tuesday, March 13: Candidate Bios and Voter Information Guide content due by 4pm to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, March 16: Accountability Forms due by 5pm
CAMPAIGNING BEGINS: Monday, March 19
Voter Information Guide (VIG) Available: Monday, March 19 online and Thursday, March 22 in print
Wednesday, April 4: Candidate endorsements due by 5pm (endorsements are accepted throughout campaigning and added to the online VIG as they are received)
Mandatory Candidate Events: Candidates must attend 3 out of 4 events, including Debates
- Elections Kickoff Event: Tuesday, March 20, 12 to 3pm, Campus Village 2--Multipurpose Room. Kickoff this year's election season, meet fellow candidates and get endorsements!
- Meet the Candidates Event: Wednesday, April 4, 11 to 2pm, Smith-Carlos Lawn
- Candidate Debates: Monday, April 9, 5 to 7pm, Diaz Compean Student Union, Meeting Room 4B. Debate with fellow candidates about important campus issues!
- Elections Results Party: Thursday, April 12, 12:00 to 1:30pm, Student Union, Meeting Room 2A/B
VOTING: April 9 - 12
Voting begins: Monday, April 9, 7pm (immediately following the Candidate Debates)
Voting ends: Thursday, April 12, 8am
Elections Results Party, Thursday, April 12, 12 to 1:30pm, Diaz Compean Student Union, 2nd Floor, Meeting Room 2
Cast your vote and get the chance to win prizes!
Nintendo Switch with Neon Red and Blue joysticks
Kindle Fire 8
Amazon Echo Dot
Gift cards: Amazon and Apple
Voting incentive period is from April 9, 2018 at 7:00pm to April 12, 2018 at 8:00am.
Winners will be chosen throughout promo period using a randomizer.
- One winner will be chosen on 4/10 at 7pm to win the Echo Dot
- One winner will be chosen on 4/11 at 7pm to win the Kindle Fire 8
- One winner will be chosen on 04/12 to win the Nintendo Switch major prize. Winners of Hydroflask and major gift cards will also be announced at the Election Results Party.
Winners do not have to be present to win.
Winners are eligible to win only one prize.
We will notify winners through SJSU e-mails.
The winner has seven days to pick up their prize otherwise it will be raffled off to another student.
The A.S. Board of Directors and the Students’ Election Commission officers and members are not eligible to win prizes.