|SJSU Bicycle Enclosures|
Park your bike free in any of the six Bicycle Enclosures located throughout the campus.
An access key is required to use the enclosures.
The Bicycle Enclosures and the open racks throughout campus provide short-term bicycle parking for daily commuters and are not intended to provide overnight or long-term storage.
|Guidelines for Enclosure usage|
• Hold access key near sensor to open Enclosure door.
• Lock your bicycle's frame and wheel to the bike rack with your own lock. (U-locks strongly recommended)
• Overnight parking is not recommended.
|Rules of Conduct|
• Do not transfer the Enclosure Key to another person. Passing on your key to someone else will nolify your rental agreement. The Associated Students (AS) will not return deposit for a transferred key.
• Do not allow a non-key holder to enter the Enclosure.
• Do not prop the Enclosure door open.
• Do not place propaganda on lockers, walls/fences, racks or other AS or SJSU property
• Do not lock bikes to the fence, trees, light poles, etc.
• Do not repair bikes in the Enclosure.
• Do not leave bikes unattended for an extended period of time.
• Report any suspicious activity to the University Police (408) 924-2222.
Any bicycle left unattended in the enclosure continuously for more than 3 days will be considered abandoned. After a 48-hour notice has posted on the abandoned bicycle, Transportation Solutions will remove the bicycle. All abandoned bikes will be donated to a charity organization.
|Optional accessory locker|
|Transportation Solutions provides long-term rental of the accessory lockers located inside every bicycle enclosure for a nonrefundable base fee of $30.00 per semester and a one time refundable key deposit of $20.00. To sign up, stop by the Transportation Solutions Center. You must be a valid bicycle enclosure key holder in order to rent the lockers.|
|Enclosure key replacement policy|
If your Enclosure Key is lost, stolen or damaged, your deposit will not be refunded. You may obtain a replacement key with a deposit as shown in the following table.
If a replacement key is issued and then the original is found, the user may return the original key and receive a refund of the deposit for the original key. If the user returns the replacement key to TS, the deposit would also be refunded to the user by mail.
If your key is defective or disabled, you may be able to obtain a replacement key at no cost.
|Damages and Liability limits|
Enclosure users will be financially responsible for damages to the enclosure, access key and accessory lockers caused by misuse beyond normal wear and tear.
AS is not responsible for fire, theft, loss, or damage to the bicycle or any other item left in the Enclosure or Accessory Locker. Enclosure users are responsible for ensuring the bicycle is properly locked and they use the Enclosure at their own risk.