Being active in student government helps to build your own leadership skills as well as being an active voice and a representative of SJSU Students
A.S Board of Directors is the highest decision making body within Student Government. The Board of Directors consists of
16 student leaders
who represent the student voice and make decisions on A.S policies, expenditure of funds and polices that might affect students.
Within the Board of Directors, there is an
which consists of the President, Vice President and Controller. The Executive Committee is responsible for the day to day workings of Associated Students by following through on the processes of fiscal matters, policies and student representation.
During the Public Forum section of the Board's meeting agenda, the public is given the ability to express concerns directly to the Associated Students. The Board of Directors meets on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month at 3:00 pm in the Student Union Meeting Room 1A on the 2nd Floor.
This isn't the only way to get involved. We have great opportunities to be an active member through various AS and University Committees. You can complete our online form in the box to the right and be on your way to active student involvement.
- Must be matriculated at SJSU
- Must be in good standing with SJSU
- Must not be on probation of any kind, e.g., academic, administrative, judicial, etc.
- Must maintain a cumulative on-campus GPA of at least 2.0 while in office and the semester running for office
- Must maintain the minimum unit load (6 units for undergraduate students and 3 units for graduate students)
- Must have no more than 150 cumulative units throughout the term being served.